This Week’s Library Events (and Photos):
- Storytime Break – Both Toddler and Preschool storytimes will resume after September 21.
- Sit N Knit – Mon., Aug. 31 at 4 pm for knitters of all levels and ages!
- Library Card Sign-up Month
– Sept. 1 More information below.
- Super Sitter Babysitting Course – Tues., Sept. 1 at 6:30 pm. Continues on Sept. 8, 15 and 29 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. The babysitting course is taught by Red Cross instructor, Pat Antonacci, and offers hands-on-training in infant and toddler care, as well as safety tips and procedures. The class is $25 and includes course workbooks, handouts and Babysitting Certification. Open to ages 11-18. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
- Conquering Clutter with Carol Seelaus – Tues., Sept. 1 at 7 pm in the 2nd Flr Community Room. Carol will share how to purge, rearrange and maintain order.
- Library Yoga – Wed., Sept. 2 at 10:30 am in Community Room with Theresa Landolfi. $7 per session, drop in.
- Friends Meeting – Sept., 3 at 12:30 pm and ‘after-meeting program’ at 1:30 pm. Marcy Abrams from Pennsylvania Citizens for Better Libraries will share info about Library Friends groups. Friends from other libraries are cordially invited!
- Medicare 101 – Thurs., Sept. 3 at 7 pm in the Community Room. The PA Dept of Aging created APPRISE to help Pennsylvania residents understand their Medicare and other health insurance benefits, and assist citizens in making informed decisions about their health care options.
- Friday Movie Matinee – Fri., Sept. 4 at 2 pm. Jakob the Liar – In 1944 Poland, a Jewish shop keeper named Jakob is summoned to ghetto headquarters after being caught out near curfew. While waiting for the German Kommondant, Jakob overhears a German radio broadcast about Russian troop movements. Stars: Robin Williams, Hannah Taylor Gordon, Eva Igo. Rating: PG-13 (violence & disturbing images) 2 hours 1 minute. Movies are free and open to the public.
Library Card Sign-up Month 2015
Contact: Pam Dull, Assistant Director, 215-947-5138 or email@example.com
A library card is the coolest card – September is Library Card Sign-up Month
(Huntingdon Valley, PA) –September is Library Card Sign-up Month, a time when the Huntingdon Valley Library joins with the American Library Association and public libraries nationwide to promote the many resources, programs and services available for free in our community with one simple thing – a library card.
Residents and students of Lower Moreland Township School District are invited to become library members. Students can visit to the library for materials, programs and knowledgeable library staff that support academic achievement. Teens are invited to join the Teen Reading Lounge book club, funded by the Pennsylvania Humanities Council. Students in 1st and 2nd grade are invited to our new Book Worm book club and 3rd to 5th graders can creatively explore literature in the Craft a Connection book club. Visit our table at your child’s Back to School night to join the library. It’s Free!
Huntingdon Valley Library isn’t only a place of quiet reading, but also a creative and engaging community center where visitors and students can collaborate, use the free wireless Internet or just relax with neighbors and peers.
“A library card is your key to the world,” says Sharon Moreland-Sender, Library Director. “With it you can unlock stories, information and open the door to new relationships. From early literacy programs such as toddler storytime to our new English as a Second Language collection, and several book clubs in between – library membership lets you engage, explore and enjoy.”
We are working with these local businesses to raise awareness of the library and encourage you to show your support of the Huntingdon Valley Library as a card-carrying member! During Library Card Sign-up Month, show your library card at these local businesses to receive a discount. It’s not too late to participate – call Pam if you are interested.
For more information on how to sign up for a library card, visit the Huntingdon Valley Library in person or visit the library online at www.hvlibrary.org.