This Week’s Library Events (and Photos):
- NOTICE: No Air Conditioning in Community Room. The ambient temperature is about 77 upstairs, so please dress accordingly. We do have fans.
- Storytime Break – Both Toddler and Preschool storytimes will resume after September 21.
- Sit N Knit – Mon., Sept. 14 at 4:00 pm for knitters of all levels and ages!
- Super Sitter Babysitting Course – Tues., Sept. 15 at 6:30 pm. Continues on Sept. 29 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Registration is closed at this time.
- Library Yoga – Wed., Sept. 16 at 10:30 am in Community Room with Theresa Landolfi. $7 per session, drop in.
- Book Club – Sept. 17 at 12:30 pm. The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro.
- Lego Club – Sept. 17 at 4:15 pm in the multipurpose room. Grades K-2. Come be creative with us! Registration is required.
- Pirate Storytime – Sept. 18 at 10:30 am in the Community Room. Talk Like a Pirate Dress-up Storytime. Ahoy, matey! Join us in your best pirate wear for stories, games, crafts and buried treasure! Registration is required.
- Friday Movie Matinee – Fri., Sept. 18 at 2 pm. The Longest Ride – The lives of a young couple intertwine with a much older man, as he reflects back on a past love. Rating: PG-13 (for sexuality, partial nudity) 2 hours 8 minutes. Movies are free and open to the public.
Online Catalog | My Account Quiz
- Only Library Staff can turn on the Reading History feature on your account, letting you to keep track of the books you’ve check out. T/F
- You can create your own User ID to access your account. T/F
- You can NOT renew your materials from home. T/F
Notice: If you log into your account on a PUBLIC computer, please Log Out when you are done to protect your privacy and personal information.
- FALSE! YOU can turn on the reading history feature from My Account > My Record > Contact Information and Preferences. You can also update your contact information, too.
- TRUE! From the MY ACCOUNT link to the MCLINC catalog on OUR Web site at www.hvlibrary.org, you can Create a Username (unique within the system, so you may need to get creative). So, you only have to use that long library card number the first time you access your account online. My Username is a whole 4 characters long and much easier to remember!
You can also CHANGE this Username and update your Password from My Account > My Record:
- FALSE! You can RENEW your items from My Account (if there is nobody waiting for the item, you still have renewals left, and you are under the $10 threshold for fees). Just select the item(s) you want to renew and click “Renewe Selected Items”.