This Week’s Library Events (and Photos):
- Preschool Storytime – Mon., Nov. 30 at 10:30 to 11:30 am. Preschool storytime with Miss Glynnis. Children ages 3-5. Join us for books, songs, finger plays, and a craft.
- Sit N Knit – Mon., Nov. 30 at 4 pm for knitters of all levels and ages!
- Teen Reading Lounge Pottery Event – Mon., Nov. 30 at 6:30 pm. Free Books! Free Food! The Teen Lounge is an interactive, non-traditional Book Club exclusively for teens 14-18. The pottery project will be based on the book, The Strange & Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. The Library will provide free copies of the book to keep. Program underwritten by a Pennsylvania Humanities Council Grant.
- Toddler Storytime – Tues., Dec. 1 at 10:30 am. Toddler storytime with Miss Jessica. Come join us for: interactive stories, songs with finger plays and nursery rhymes on felt board.
- Library Yoga – Wed., Dec. 2 at 10:30 am in Community Room with Theresa Landolfi. $7 per session, drop in.
- Write & Illustrate Young Authors Gala -Thurs., Dec. 3 at 7 pm. Join us to celebrate the 25th Annual Write and Illustrate Your Own Book Contest and our many young authors. First place winning entries will be bound and entered into HVL permanent collection and the winners will receive a bound copy of their entry. First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention winners will receive a prize and a Certificate of Recognition.
- Library Friday Movie Matinee – Fri., Dec. 4 at 2 pm. Max – A military dog from Afghanistan is adopted by his late handler’s grieving family in the U.S., where his close bond with the soldier’s brother leads to a life-altering revelation in this family-friendly adventure. Rating: PG (for action, violence, peril, brief language and some thematic elements) Runtime 1 hour 51 minutes. Movies are free and open to the public.
- NEW: Twirly Tots Circus – Sat., Dec. 5 at 10:30 am and encore at 11 am. Join Joy for a sing-a-long storytime with hula hoop and juggling tricks! Registration is required. Check our online calendar for the final location of this (very popular) event.