This Week’s Library Events (and Photos):
- NOTICE: No Air Conditioning in Community Room. The ambient temperature is about 80 upstairs, so please dress accordingly. We do have fans.
- CLOSED for Labor Day – Saturday, Sept. 5 through Monday, Sept. 7. Open at 10 am on Tue., Sept. 8.
- Storytime Break – Both Toddler and Preschool storytimes will resume after September 21.
- Get Your New Library Card – Free ‘upgrades’ during Library Card Sign Up Month
Help us spread the word with friends, neighbors and family –We want every citizen of Lower Moreland Township to be a member of the Huntingdon Valley Library.
Stop by to get a card or fill out the online application to join.Upgrade that curling, ugly card for a colorful, new one that has BOTH a key card and a wallet card. FREE this month only (otherwise it’s $2).
- Super Sitter Babysitting Course – Tues., Sept. 8 at 6:30 pm. Continues on Sept. 15 and 29 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Registration is closed at this time.
- Library Yoga – Wed., Sept. 9 at 10:30 am in Community Room with Theresa Landolfi. $7 per session, drop in.
- Library Board of Trustees – Sept. 10 at 7:30 pm. This meeting is open to the public.
- Friday Movie Matinee – Fri., Sept. 11 at 2 pm. Far From The Madding Crowd – In Victorian England, the independent and headstrong Bathsheba Everdene attracts three very different suitors: Gabriel Oak, a sheep farmer; Frank Troy, a reckless Sergeant; and William Boldwood, a prosperous and mature bachelor. Rating: PG-13. 2 hours 1 minute. Movies are free and open to the public.
- Local Gems: Historic Walking Tour with Rachel Brandt – Sat, Sept. 12 at 10 am. Not joining the color run? Meet us IN FRONT of the Library for a 20 minute introduction with our local historian and some long-time residents. Wear your Walking Shoes and join us in a ramble around the block to see how much history there is in our neighborhood. Please RSVP.
Total time: 1.5 hours.
Distance: .6 mile (Library down Murray Avenue and up Huntingdon Pike back to the Library).
- Rhythm Babies Music Class – Sat., Sept 12 10:15 to 11:00 am. Join us in this lively 45-minute monthly class for you and your little loves! Rhythm Babies is here to give young children what they need the most; creative play. Our music program is designed to improve young children’s auditory senses, cognitive, and musical skills through singing, rhythm, and creative movement activities. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED – ALL AGES WELCOME.
Everything eResources –
- You can find the online catalog at the Library’s Web site. T/F
- You can NOT limit the results of a search to show items this library owns. T/F
- You can limit the results of a search to show items in different languages. T/F
- TRUE! The MCLINC catalog is on OUR Web site at www.hvlibrary.org. You can also get quick access to My Account from our Home page, too!
- FALSE! On the right-hand side of the Search Results, you have MANY ways to Narrow Your Search results, including by Assigned Branch. Note: The Assigned Branch search results are NOT in alphabetical order, but instead the library with the most results is on top.
Just want movies? Select DVD under the Type of Material section. Beware, you will find some library jargon – really, who says “Projected media”??
- TRUE! You can limit search results is by Language. Trick: Do a keyword search for the word “Fiction” and then limit by Language to get novels in foreign languages.