THE FRIENDS OF HUNTINGDON VALLEY LIBRARY
Are YOU The Missing Piece? Help Us Bring It All Together
- Nickels for Non-Profits at the Jenkintown WholeFoods. Bring your own bag and the store will donate $.05 to The Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library!
- WholeFoods, through the Friends, also donated the Winter Tree you see (and smell) when enter the building from the lower entrance. WholeFoods plants a tree for every tree sold.
- The Friends have also organized a Book Giveaway – stop by and have a look! You may find a perfect winter read.
- March Book Sale! The dates are Tuesday, March 15 for the Friends Preview through Saturday, March 19. After this sale, the Book Room will morph into the Friends Book Store, with weekly hours every month of the year!
- May 4 Bus Trip to New York City! The Friends will again have 1 and 1/2 buses due to the Ever Expanding Popularity of this fundraiser. The bus will drop you off at the TKTS stand in Time Square at about 10:30 am and pick everyone up at 5 for the trip back home. More details to come.
- When: First Thursday of Every Month, 12:30 p.m. (except July & August)
- Why: Stay for the after-meeting programs!
- Where: The Huntingdon Valley Library Multi-purpose Room
- Who: Members, Committee Members, Committee Chairpersons, Officers
- What: Read the Friends Newsletter 2015
Who are the Friends?
The Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library donate their time and/or money to help make our Library an important center of learning and enjoyment. Please help the Friends help the Huntingdon Valley Library maintain its edge on excellence as it promotes literacy and learning for the entire community. Volunteer your time or send your tax-deductible contribution to:
Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library 625 Red Lion Rd. Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006-6216
- $100 + Golden Friend
- $50 Benefactor
- $25 Patron
- $10 Friend
Friends Book Club – “Members of the book discussion group do not have to members of the Friends. They just have to be passionate about reading and discussion.”
They now meet in the 2nd Floor Community Room at 12:30 pm for lively discussion. Here is the list for Fall/Spring:
- JAN – Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
- FEB – To Kill Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- MAR – The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure
- APR – The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
- MAY – The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
We have sponsored:
- Used Book Sales in March, June and October
- Weekly Mah Jongg and Canasta games, plus Friday Fun and Games perpetual fundraisers
- Mini-Book Sale by the front entrance of the Library
- Library Staff Appreciation brunch in December
- Election Day Bake Sale
- Bus Tours to New York City
- Theater Trips throughout the region
- Funding for upgrades to the Library’s collection, technology and children’s area
- Monthly adult book discussion groups
- Flower arranging and flower sales
- Summer reading programs for children
- Children’s Write and Illustrate Your Own Book program
- Holiday Basket of Books and Prizes drawing
- And…Family Museum Passes
Learn more about the free Museum passes we help provide for our families.