THE FRIENDS OF HUNTINGDON VALLEY LIBRARY
Are YOU The Missing Piece? Help Us Bring It All Together
Join The Friends Of Huntingdon Valley Library!
- When: First Thursday of Every Month, 12:30 p.m. (except July & August)
- Why: Stay for the after-meeting programs!
- Where: The Huntingdon Valley Library Multi-purpose Room
- Who: Members, Committee Members, Committee Chairpersons, Officers
- What: Read the Friends Newsletter 2015
Who are the Friends?
The Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library donate their time and/or money to help make our Library an important center of learning and enjoyment. Please help the Friends help the Huntingdon Valley Library maintain its edge on excellence as it promotes literacy and learning for the entire community. Send your tax-deductible contribution to:
Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library 625 Red Lion Rd. Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006-6216
Membership levels are:
- $100 + Golden Friend
- $50 Benefactor
- $25 Patron
- $10 Friend
Friends Book Club – “Members of the book discussion group do not have to members of the Friends. They just have to be passionate about reading and discussion.” They meet in the multi-purpose room of the Library at 12:30 pm for lively discussion. Here is the list for Winter/Spring:
- October 16, The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
- November 20, The Imposter Bride by Nancy Richler
- January 15, South of Broad by Pat Conroy
- February 19, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- March 19, The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win WWII by Denise Kiernan
- April 16, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- May, Henna House by Nomi Eve
We have sponsored:
- Used Book Sales in March, June and October.
- Weekly Mah Jongg and Canasta games, plus Friday Fun and Games.
- Perpetual Book Sale by the front entrance of the Library.
- Library Staff Appreciation events.
- Bake Sales.
- Bus Tours.
- Theater Trips.
- Funding for upgrades to our collection, technology and children’s area.
- Monthly adult book discussion groups.
- Flower arranging and flower sales.
- Summer reading programs with entertainment and enrichment for children.
- Children’s Write and Illustrate Your Own Book program.
- Holiday Basket of Books and Prizes drawing.
- And…Family Museum Passes
Learn more about the free Museum passes we help provide for our families.