Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Thank you. Your support allows us to write the Next Chapter of the Library’s story.
or Print Out 2014 Appeal Letter and
Mail a check to Huntingdon Valley Library
Through the generosity of a bequest and two individual donations, the Library Board of Trustees started an Endowment Fund this year. To ensure future success and expanded services, we ask for your help to grow our new Endowment Fund. The Fund will provide:
- Seed money for innovative new programs
- A consistent base of funding during economic downturns
- Long-term sustainability
- The Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library underwrote 73% of the youth book budget
- The Friends-supported Summer Reading Program improved student reading skills over the summer. This year’s 7-week program included 31 science-themed events for over 1,400 kids and families!
- The Women’s Club support allowed for multiple copies of best sellers
- A Library Trustee gifted us the Financial Times and new Investment Collection
- Named donors supported unique programs like the “The Snow Queen” and Neill Hartley as “Sherlock Holmes”
- The Frank J. and Cornelia D. Ollinger Fund and Lillian S. Stile Fund maintained the non-fiction books and biographies
Sharon Moreland-Sender, MLS
A copy of the 2014 Appeal Letter is available to download
Does your employer offer a Matching Gifts program? We will work with you to take advantage of the program.
- Eleanor Schneider, President and former Commissioner
- Jack Bernstein, Vice President
- Judy Trichon, Treasurer
- Miryam Roddy, Secretary
- David Silver
- Jeff Rubin
- Rita Kenney
- Hilarie Weiss
- Jonathan Rumpf
- Ferdinand Gonzales, Commissioner
The Huntingdon Valley Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt organization. A copy of the registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling, toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.