We have a fun-filled calendar for November with a great mix of programs for all ages.
- Storytime with Miss Glynnis Mondays at 10:30 am
- Mah Jongg Friends Fundraiser Mondays at 11:30 am – $2
- Sit N Knit group Mondays at 4 pm
- Storytime with Miss Diane Tuesdays at 10:30 am
- Canasta Friends Fundraiser Tuesdays at 12:30 pm – $2
- Library Yoga with Theresa Wednesdays at 10:30 am
$7 drop-in class
- Fund and Games Friends Fundraiser Fridays at 10:00 am
- Friday Movies at 2 pm in Community Room on 2nd Floor
Chef | To Have and Have Not | The German Doctor | Words and Pictures
- Board Meeting – Thursday, Nov. 13 at 7:30 pm
- Representative Tom Murt’s office visit on Thur., Nov. 20 at 10 am.
Saturday, November 1 at 11 am – Read to a Dog
- Children in Kindergarten to 5th grade can reserve a 20 minute time slot to read to a therapy dog in a small group.
- Sign up at the circulation desk or by phone at 215-947-5138.
- Free of charge in the 1st Floor multi-purpose room.
Tuesday, November 4 at Pine Road Elementary
Friends Election Day Bake Sale Fundraiser
- Healthy snacks
- Homemade treats
- Proceeds benefit the Friends of HV Library, who in turn support many of the programs, services and collections of the Library.
Thursday, November 6 at 12:30 pm
Friends of the Library Meeting and Quilts for Kids Program
- Following the Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library membership meeting, hear about the Quilts for Kids program.
- The program is open to the public and free of charge.
- “Quilts for Kids, Inc. transforms discontinued, unwanted and other fabrics into patchwork quilts that comfort children in need. ” – Quilts for Kids Facebook page.
Saturday, November 8 at 2 pm
Landscapes in a Box: The Gardens of Society Hill
- Jackie Bagley, historian and tour guide, returns to the Library, this time with a lecture and slides in the Community Room featuring the Gardens of Society Hill.
- This lecture provides “public and private views showing the challenges of plantings in the urban setting, 18th century to present.”
- Sponsored by Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library.
- Please RSVP for a reminder call to this FREE event.
- Join Miss Glynnis in your pajamas and slippers.
- Fun with stories, songs and a craft.
- Teddy bears welcome.
- Held at Da Bistro Mediterranean Grill, 1918 County Line Road, HV, PA
- Cooking demonstration and healthy lunch with drink and dessert.
- Cost: $25 per person.
- Sign up and pay at the Friends Station.
Saturday, November 15 –
Music and Movement at 10:30 am
International Games Day at 2 pm
- Music and Movement with Children’s Music Express at 10:30 am to 11:15 am
- Join us in this lively class for you and your little loves.
- Includes various styles of music through sing-a-longs, chanting, large and small movement activities, dancing, marches, tonal and rhythm patterns, finger plays and instrument play.
- Registration is required.
- Sponsored by the Friends of HVL.
- International Games Day for Teens from 2-4 pm
- In cooperation with the Valley Youth Center.
- Open to teens 6th to 8th grade
- Join us for games, pool, brain teasers, ping pong or foosball.
- Food included.
Monday, November 17 at 11 am
Meet the Artist – Pat Guckes
- Patty Ray Guckes will display her art at the Library during November and early December.
- A professional artist specializing in photo-realism, her show will feature original pieces in oil, acrylics and pastel.
- See her miniature portraits on November 17 and Saturday, November 22.
- She is donating 25% of any proceeds to the Library.
Tuesday, November 18 at 7 pm
Craft a Connection Book Club: The Invention of Hugo Cabret
- Open to girls and boys in 3rd to 5th grade
- Join Miss Glynnis to discuss The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.
- After talking about the book, create a craft that goes with the story.
- Copies of the book are available at the Circulation Desk.
- Registration is required.
Thursday, November 20 at 7 pm
Michener Art Museum Studio Craft Collection Docent lecture
- Hear and see a presentation about the museum’s Studio Craft Collection in the 2nd Floor Community Room.
- This introduction to Studio Craft, defined as craft work produced by independent studio artists working with traditional materials, such as wood, glass, metal, or clay.
- The collection includes works by George Nakashima, Paul Evans, Phillip Lloyd Powell, Robert Whitley, David Ellsworth and many others.
- The collection has an exciting variety of media and styles, many with a sense of whimsy, all are created with a reverence for the materials.
- Please RSVP for a reminder phone call. Free and Open to all.
Saturday, November 22 at 1 pm
The Snow Queen
- The classic story of Hans Christian Andersen that inspired Disney’s Frozen comes to stage in this delightful 45-minute play designed for family audiences age 3 and up.
- Register for your event ticket. You MUST have a ticket to attend.
- Seating limited to 150.
- Only 55 tickets left as of Oct. 24! Call today!
- Sponsored by the Frank G. Daveler Charitable Fund.
Wednesday, November 26 at 5 pm and Thursday, November 27
Closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Monday, December 1 at 7 pm
Taste of Italy Wine and Dine Fundraiser at Simpatico!
- Join us at Simpatico! – 2519 Huntingdon Pike
- Four course Italian meal with wine
- Tickets now available:
- $50 per person
- Limited seating
- More information