The list of programs scheduled for this fall continues to grow and registration is open for all! This is on top of Storytimes, Friday movies, Sit-N-Knit Club on Mondays, and Yoga on Wednesdays. Check back for new programs or sign up for the weekly electronic newsletter!
- Library Customer Survey opens Sept. 1 online. Complete the survey and provide your email address to enter a drawing for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. More information.
- Fall Film Series POSTPONED due to an emergency with the presenter. This will be rescheduled.
- Bridge Lessons Sept. 4 at 10 am with Art Fields, ACBL Accredited Teacher. $64 per person for 8 weeks from Sept. 4-Oct. 30 (no class Oct. 9). An intermediate class may be available, as well! Registration is open.
- Medicare 101 Sept. 11 at 7 pm. 1st Floor Meeting Room. Please RSVP.
- Library Board Meeting Sept. 11 at 7 pm. 2nd Floor Community Room. Open to the Public.
- College Application: ‘Write Them Write’ with Linda George Sept. 16 at 7 pm.
A program for Teens.
- Rain Gardens Sept. 17 at 7 pm with Krista Scheirer, Watershed Specialist from the Montgomery County Conservation District.
Presented in cooperation with the Lower Moreland Township, this program will cover the importance of native plants along waterways and stormwater basins, as well as rain gardens.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day Sept. 19. Dress-up Storytime at 10:30 am. Please Register.
More Children’s programs planned include:
- Read to a Dog Sept. 6 – sign up for a 20 minute slot
- Storytimes start back up Sept. 8 and Sept. 9
- Pajama Storytime Sept. 10 at 7 pm
- Read-Aloud Storytime with local author Pat Guth Sept 13 at 10:30 am.
- Music & Movement Class with Children’s Music Express Sept. 20 at 10:30 am
- Craft a Connection Book Club Sept. 23 at 7
- Home Staging with Realtor Carol Cei Oct. 2
- Bryn Athyn Bounty – Geek the Library Oct. 4. Join us in Bryn Athyn to write on the Geek Board and talk to us about everything offered at the Library!
- Friends Used Book Sale October 7- 11. Find out more!
- Crooked Eye Brewery October 8 at 7 pm. Jeff Mulherin will join us to talk about home brewing and the craft beer business!
- AARP Driver Safety Class with Mort Kushner Oct. 8 & 9. Registration forms available at the Library.
- Medicare Options for 2015 Oct. 10 at 10:30 am with APPRISE.
- Author Paula Marantz Cohen of Suzanne Davis Gets a Life Oct. 14 at 7 pm.
Limited seating, please RSVP.
- Leonard Bernstein – American Idol, American Idealist with Karl Middleman Oct. 22 at 7 pm. 2nd Floor Community Room.
Brought to us through the Pennsylvania Humanities Council and Friends of HVL.
- Community Forums for Library Board Strategic Planning Input
- Monday, Oct. 13 at 2 pm
- Thursday, Oct 16 at 7 pm
- Saturday, Oct. 25 at 10:30 am
- AARP Driver Safety Refresher Class with Mort Kushner Nov. 8 from 10:30-2:30. Registration required.
- Landscapes in a Box: The Gardens of Society Hill with Jackie Bagley Nov. 8 at 2 pm. Sponsored by Friends of HVL.
- Michener Art Museum Studio Craft Collection Nov. 20 at 7 pm
- Young Authors Gala Dec. 4
- Vincent Feldman, Photographer and author of City Abandoned December 11 at 7 pm.