Write and Illustrate Your Own Book Contest
Deadline for entries:
Monday, November 4, 2013 at 9:00 pm
(Please leave late entries in the book drop)
- Open to students in grades K through
56 who patronize the Huntingdon Valley Library.
- Entries must be original. Please leave at least a 1 ½ inch margin on both sides of the pages. Use non-smear markers or crayons for illustrations. Computer generated images are acceptable, but original illustrations may be eligible for a separate award.
- Entries MUST include NAME, AGE, GRADE, SCHOOL, ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER. These may be attached to entries, or included in the text.
- First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention winners may be chosen in each grade. First Place winning entries will be bound and entered into Huntingdon Valley Library’s permanent collection, and added to the county database. First place winners will also receive a bound copy of their entry.
- First, Second, and Third place and Honorable Mention winners will receive a prize and a Certificate of Recognition.
- Additional copies of bound books may be ordered. Copying of the text and cover to be bound will be the responsibility of the winners. The cost per copy is $15.00.
- All winners will be notified by Friday, November 29, 2013.
- Winners and their families are invited to the AWARDS PRESENTATION AND RECEPTION ON Monday, December 9 at 7:00 pm in the Community Rom on the second level of the library building. We will also be celebrating the Library’s 60th Birthday with cake!
Good Luck Distinguished Authors!