Howdy! I’d like to introduce myself, my name is Sharon and I’m the new Library Director for the Huntingdon Valley Library in the Lower Moreland Township. A bit about me:
- I grew up in Manhattan, Kansas…The Little Apple.
- I am the daughter of a librarian, although she’s retired from Kansas State University’s Hale Library, and I’m all about public libraries.
- I was the Director of the Tonganoxie Public Library for 4.5 years.
- I’m fond of bulleted lists.
- I served as the Technology Consultant for the Northeast Kansas Library System (think MCLINC, but in Kansas) for 4.5 years.
- I am very recently married and newly moved. The cross country trip with my husband and our two cats included an overnight stay in a century-old log cabin at the family farm in Indiana.
- I’ve been making pottery since 1999 at various Clay Guilds, Arts Centers and independent studios in the Kansas City area. I’m actively looking for a place to throw around here.
I absolutely love being a Library Director again – since I started on July 16, I’ve met with our staff, the Township, the Friends, the Board and our Web team. I am discovering the many positives about this library, from the dedicated staff (many who have been here for over 15 years), to the active social networks (Twitter and Facebook), the generous community and Friend of the Library support and the Science in the Summer children’s program. My intention is to work closely with the Board to help restart the Strategic Planning process to add even more positives. We will be using information gathered from a January 2012 Survey and input from YOU, our community members. I think a good plan is vital, so we know where we are going and when to celebrate reaching our destination.
I have an open door and open email policy – stop by for a visit or send a note.