THE FRIENDS OF HUNTINGDON VALLEY LIBRARY
Are YOU The Missing Piece? Help Us Bring It All Together
Join The Friends Of Huntingdon Valley Library!
- When: First Thursday of Every Month, 12:30 P.M. (except July & August)
- Where: The Huntingdon Valley Library Multi-purpose Room
- Who: Members, Committee Members, Committee Chairpersons, Officers
- What: Read the Friends Newsletter from January 2014
2014 Friends “After Meeting” Programs:
- Thursday, January 2 at 1:30 pm in the Library’s multi-purpose room – Rayna Adams from the Bristol Riverside Theater. She will be talking about the history, past performances and coming attractions at the theater.
- Thursday, February 2 – PAFA Mural Arts program
Who are the Friends?
The Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library donate their time and/or money to help make our Library an important center of learning and enjoyment. Please help the Friends help the Huntingdon Valley Library maintain its edge on excellence as it promotes literacy and learning for the entire community. Send your tax-deductible contribution to:
Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library, 625 Red Lion Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006-6216
Membership levels are:
- $100 + Golden Friend
- $50 Benefactor
- $25 Patron
- $10 Friend
Friends Book Club – “Members of the book discussion group do not have to members of the Friends. They just have to be passionate about reading and discussion.” They meet in the multi-purpose room of the Library at 12:30 pm for lively discussion. Here is the list for 2014:
- January 16, The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin
- February 20, Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler
- March 20, Lady at the O.K. Corral: The true story of Josephine Marcus Earp by Ann Kirschner
- April 17, Songs of Willow Frost by Janie Ford
- May 15, Young Titan: The making of Winston Churchill by Michael Shelden
- June 19, The Art Forger by B.A. Shapiro
- September 18, One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
We have sponsored:
- Used Book Sales.
- Silent Book Auction.
- Library Staff Appreciation events.
- Bake Sales.
- Film series with lecture/discussion.
- Bus Tours.
- Funding for upgrades to our collection and materials.
- Monthly adult book discussion groups.
- Flower arranging and flower sales.
- Summer reading programs with entertainment and enrichment for children.
- Children’s Write and Illustrate program.
- Holiday Basket of Books and Prizes drawing.
- And…Family Museum Passes
Learn more about the free Museum passes we help provide for our families.